I read recently that food bloggers are supposed to be GREAT story tellers.
[Insert cricket sounds here.]
Right about now is when I completely draw a blank. I know I can make people laugh. I do it often. But the pressure to come up with a story for a post…
How about a great recipe for lima beans and ham instead? These are flavorful and a perfect comfort food when combined with Buttermilk Cornbread Muffins. Maybe you can even swap stories while you eat them.
Low Country Lima Beans and Ham
- 1 pound tiny lima beans sorted, rinsed and drained
- Hambone with some meat
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Soak beans as directed.
- Heat a pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and onion. Saute onion until softened.
- Add the hambone and beans to the pot.
- Cover the beans with water to two inches about the beans.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 1 hour or until the beans are tender.
- Remove the ham bone from the pot and pick off meaty bits. Add the meat back to the pot.
- Stir in salt and pepper.