I adore my husband. Even as I type right now, he is wrestling with our children in the floor and the squeals of delight remind me of how blessed I am.
Since he has to be out the door before the children wake and because I work in the mornings, I always try to make sure he has something available for a quick breakfast.
Even though I have been making these breakfast burritos with sausage and eggs for eleven years, he still loves them. They come together in a flash and freeze well, leaving him to just microwave them for about a minute or two.
Easy, Freezer-friendly Breakfast Burritos
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 10 flour tortillas
- Cook pork sausage in skillet, breaking into small pieces, until done. Drain on paper toweling. Return to skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage and cook over medium heat, stirring to scramble the eggs.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the sausage and egg mixture in the middle of a flour tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with salsa. Fold up tortilla and place on a freezer-safe sheet.
- Once all of the tortilla are ready, cover the baking sheet with foil and place in the freezer until frozen. Then transfer the burritos to a freezer bag.
- Place a burrito on a microwave safe dish. Heat on high for 1 minute. Flip the burrito and cook for 1 minute longer. Allow to sit until the heat is evenly distributed and serve. (Cooking times may vary based on the wattage of your machine.)