This clean-eating casserole recipe from Emeals looks like perfection. I recommend making two: one to freeze for later and one to eat for dinner.
If you are looking for clean eating options, Emeals offers weekly menus complete with shopping lists and recipes. The food is delicious and the peace of mind is priceless!
Join Emeals on September 23rd for a Twitter party with hashtag #eMealsFamily from 10-11 am CST for National Family Day! Prizes include eMeals subscriptions, a Cascadian Farms gift basket, $50 gift card to Amazon and more!
Plus… Click here to get FREE recipes and ideas for Family Week!
Florentine Lasagna Rolls
- 12 uncooked whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 3/4 lb ground round
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz can no-salt-added San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 3 4 oz containers 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground round and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; use a wooden spoon to break tomatoes into small pieces. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, squeeze spinach between paper towels to drain. Combine cottage cheese, egg, spinach, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Line a 13×9-inch baking dish with heavy-duty nonstick aluminum foil, allowing several inches of foil to extend over sides.
- Spread cottage cheese mixture evenly on one side of each noodle. Roll up noodles, jelly-roll style, and place, seam sides down, in prepared dish. Pour ground beef mixture over rolls; top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and freeze 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Remove from baking dish by holding edges of foil; fold foil over lasagna. Wrap in additional foil, making sure it is tightly sealed. Freeze up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place foil-wrapped lasagna in a lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Uncover top, and bake 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and lightly browned.