This delightful Greek Chickpea Salad with Greek Dressing Recipe is protein-packed with flavors that will transport you to a sun-washed Mediterranean shore without taking a bite out of your budget.
There are days when nothing will tame my tastebuds but the flavors of the Mediterranean.
The lemon, garlic, and oregano send me into a sensory overload! Just pour a bottle of Greek Dressing over my head and let me be!
Or better yet, pour the Greek dressing over chicken.
I love grilling chicken breast that has been marinating in this Greek Dressing. It is amazing coupled with the smokiness of the grill. Just be prepared for company as the neighbors might be enticed to join you!
But, beyond my love for Greek flavor, I adore a healthy recipe I can toss together in minutes.
Just chop up the vegetables, rinse your chickpeas, and shake up a mason jar of Greek dressing.
While I think it tastes better on the second day, after all those flavors have mingled together, Greek Chickpea Salad is perfect for a quick lunch or as a side dish.
Trim Healthy Mama Conversion – Serve feta and dressing on the side. Spoon 2 teaspoon or less of the dressing over your portion of Greek Salad and top with a crumb or two of feta for an E meal.
Greek Chickpea Salad
- 1 can 14.5 ounce garbanzo beans/chickpeas, drained and rinsed with cool water
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 medium cucumber sliced and cut into 1/4 size pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the salad ingredients, gently mixing together.
- Top with homemade Greek dressing and give a final toss.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- juice from 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or mason jar (perfect for shaking to combine).
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Shake again to combine the ingredients before using.