Quiche is a word that drives fear into the hearts of a lot of beginner cooks but it shouldn’t and this recipe proves it. Ham and Cheese Quiche is simple but so good you could serve it to your in-laws.
This recipe is also great for doubling and putting in the freezer. (See the freezer directions below.)
Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 pie crust
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups ham diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shreds
- Pre-bake the pie crust according to package directions, (I accidentally used a deep dish pie crust.)
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and allow to soften. Stir in ham and remove from heat.
- Whisk together the flour and milk. Add the seasonings and eggs, whisking until well blended. Stir in the onions, ham and cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and evenly distribute the ham, if needed, using your spoon.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until firm in the middle.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in a zip top bag or wrap in plastic wrap. When ready to cook, remove from the freezer and place in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until warm. DO NOT THAW before heating.