The amazing flavor of Hawaiian Chicken can easily be attained in the oven, but why not have it waiting for you when you get home?
This Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken is full of flavor and while I used fresh pineapple, you can use canned or frozen.
Another tip… if you would prefer not to use ketchup, I recommend using a small can of tomato paste mixed with about 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
I served the Hawaiian Chicken over mashed cauliflower but it would be even better over cooked rice.
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- 1 bag frozen chicken breasts
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1 pineapple peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup pressed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place sliced onions and bell peppers in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Lay the frozen chicken breasts over the vegetables.
- Mix together the brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, ketchup, and soy sauce. Pour over chicken.
- Top the chicken with pineapple chunks.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove chicken and vegetables. Keep warm.
- Remove about 1 cup of the liquid and stir in the cornstarch. Add the mixture back into the crock pot and increase heat to high. Allow to cook uncovered, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Place chicken and vegetables back into the slow cooker. Toss with sauce and serve.