This is the meatloaf I grew up with… enhanced only slightly. Of course, my mother was a working woman and “bake” our meatloaf in a microwavable Bundt pan, cooking it in half the time.
If you feel like trying a little batch cooking, make two of these: one for the oven and one for the freezer.
For the one you freeze, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator before cooking.
My Favorite Meatloaf
- 2 pounds Ground Chuck
- 2 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt or Whole Milk
- Mustard & Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together with wet hands or with a pastry blender.
- Shape into a loaf and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and create a zigzag pattern with the mustard and ketchup. Return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until an instant thermometer inserted into the middle of the loaf reads 160 degrees.