Supporting the fight against breast cancer is easier than ever. But, if you are still wondering how to help, I have some great ideas for you… starting with cupcakes!
Several years ago, my friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. No one else I knew had ever struggled with breast cancer, and while I wanted to be supportive, I was not sure what to do. So, I hosted a fundraiser in her honor. We had lots of pink food with supportive friends mingling around.
I truly felt helpless to help my friend through her ordeal, but hosting parties was just something I knew how to do.
Now, the options for supporting those who receive a breast cancer diagnosis seem more plentiful and some of them are quite easy. Even delicious! I mean… who would have thought that cupcakes could help fund the fight against breast cancer?!
Cupcakes battling cancer? Yes indeed!
When you cook a batch of cupcakes, you could have KitchenAid USA donate $1 to Susan G. Komen® to help battle breast cancer.
Learn more here but this is the brief of how it works:
- Bake your favorite cupcakes and take a picture.
- Upload your original picture of the cupcakes to Twitter or Instagram.
- In your caption, tag @KitchenAidUSA and use the hashtags #10000cupcakes AND #donate.
You really can support breast cancer awareness and eat your cupcakes too.
But there is more you can do too.
- Host a Cook for the Cure Party with your friends. (Get invitations and a party planner.)
- Purchase a specified pink KitchenAid Artisan Mixer or any specified Cook for the Cure appliance from HH Gregg.
- Make a tax deductible donation directly to Susan G. Komen.
Breast cancer can be defeated but it will require a lot of money. And even dollar counts!
Supporting breast cancer treatment, research, and education is as easy as baking up a bunch of cupcakes. Learn how to have KitchenAid USA donate $1 to Susan G. Komen® when you make cupcakes. [CLICK HERE]
So get in your kitchen and start baking.
Need inspiration? These Strawberry Ribbon Cupcakes only require two main ingredients: a cake mix and powdered strawberry drink mix. (You will need the additional ingredients as detailed on the cake mix box.)
The strawberry swirl inside is quite a surprise that every one will love.
Cook’s Note: These cupcakes are sweet. You might want to balance the flavor with a light frosting. I use a White Chocolate Buttercream but think a whipped frosting or even plain vanilla frosting might be better and a little less sweet.
Strawberry Ribbon Cupcakes
- 1 white cake mix with ingredients to make cake
- Powdered strawberry drink mix like Nesquik
- Preheat oven for cupcakes.
- Mix cake according to package directions.
- Place cupcake liners in cupcake baking pan and spritz with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each cupcake liner one-third full. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of drink mix over the cake batter. Then, add more batter until cupcake liners are two-thirds full. Sprinkle additional powdered drink mix on top if desired.
- Slightly stir the the cake mix with a toothpick in each cupcake liner.
- Bake according to package directions. Cool and top with frosting of choice.